Why Visual Arts~

Since I was a child I always loved drawing and painting, it was something I used to do all the time and my family remembered it that way, in fact in my birthday parties they often gave me gifts related to art and handcraft,  but despite all of that it was always considered just a hobbie and nothing else.
Actually, I think my dream job when I was a child was been a singer or actress or something like that because I liked Disney Channel a lot back in those days.
So when I realized, as a child that a didn’t have those types of talents I stopped thinking about what I wanted to do in the future for a long time until the last years of high school. My first option was psychology just because I was really interested in mental illnesses, but I'm not a good reader, so I switched to Industrial Desing but I'm not good enough at math.
Finally I decided to take a year to study for the PSU and to think clearly what I want. In that year I discovered Visual Arts and it instantly became my first option but I was really insecure about my skills so I started a course of drawing and I grasped that this is what I really love to do.
I choose Universidad de Chile just because is one of the best in the country and that’s it.
But I think I should have thought about it more,  because it’s really focused on traditional art and I would like also a little bit of digital art or other modern mechanism so maybe someday I will do some course that could help. idk :(
Now, when I think about my future I don’t have a clear image, I feel like everything it’s kind of uncertain in art or at least that how I sense it in relation to what kind of job I want to work in and how I’m gonna make that happen, because on one side as any other artist I would like to have my own expositions and sell my art but on the other side, recently I’ve been interested in art direction and music videos, and that’s sort of on a different way from what I’m doing right now so I don’t know what exactly I want yet and I’ll leave it for the future.  
This turned out very long, I’m sorry. Goodbye ㅇㅅㅇ 


Comentarios

  1. Now I will see you like a potential broadway/disney girl, sorry I'm not thinking at this moment. <3 <3

    ResponderEliminar
  2. It's a very good thing that your family supported you as a child, some of the old generations doesn't understand why art is important.

    ResponderEliminar

Publicar un comentario

Entradas populares